Monday, March 1, 2010

Watch Out!

I’ve been window shopping again and this time on a hunt for the perfect wristwatch. Wanting to find something that was versatile, both formal and casual, luckily I discovered the perfect choice……the MILITARY WATCH! I had spotted some at J Crew and Fossil some time ago that were quite handsome but just wasn’t comfortable that this was absolutely Reynolds Still style. Saying that, I knew I needed to look “outside the box” and consider vintage.

A lot easier to find than you’d think, I’ve spotted a few vintage pieces as I shopped at antique shows and flea markets. Most are very affordable and have so much more appeal than the NEW military watches advertised in the catalogs of your favorite trendy MAN stores.

1914-1916 PATEK PHILIPPE TRENCH WATCH
1917 GOVERNMENT ISSUE WATCH WITH PATRIA MOVEMENT
There is something captivating about military watches, maybe it’s the history or maybe just the striking appearance of these masculine timepieces that caught my eye.

HARRODS RETAILED 1915 SILVER MARVIN HALF HUNTER

HUGE HENRY MOSER COMPLICATED WW1 CHRONOGRAPH
With the cases rugged and strong, they are completely at home in the woods or the boardroom.

Military ULTRA RARE ROLEX ADMIRALTY 1916 WATCH
So before you contemplate buying yourself a NEW timepiece, set the trend and consider going vintage with your watch.


Best regards,
Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails