Monday, January 25, 2010

It's Fashion Baby!


John Galliano

You know, I’m a BIG fan of other’s creativity and always applaud those that put forth the effort but these past few weeks of eager examination of 2010’s fashion week has left me scratching my head. Unless you truly understand the influence of fashion week, it makes you wonder if fashion week is only about a designer’s expression of his or her creativity or is it about making a buck from what they strut down the runway.


 
Burberry

My guess would be NO, it’s not about selling the runway outfit but more about setting trends for the coming season.


Gucci

My wearable taste aside, I did appreciate the creativity each designer presented to those of us watching however a little bit disappointed from those design houses that you’ve grown accustomed to depend upon for great, wearable designs.


Vuitton

Naturally I looked first at Vuitton, Gucci, Lauren and other mainstream design houses for what I thought would be tasteful, classic design and was essentially left speechless thinking what the HELL was going on! Since my cup is always half full I optimistically scanned thru the rest of designers and was pleasantly surprised to find someone not so familiar to mainstream with a great sense of fashion forward wearable designs. Now that was a mouthful!


Junya Watanabe

Have any of you heard of Junya Watanabe? Well I have NOT and let me tell you, I Watanabe wearing or at least replicating his creative designs!


Junya Watanabe

With his collection described as Duke of Windsor lookalikes or Great Gatsby go-to’s, the creations of this Japanese designer seems capable of doing no wrong. This collection besieged us with fitted jackets, loose cut trousers, vintage ascots tucked into shirts, Little Jimmy caps and spiffy white lace ups.



Junya Watanabe

What a sight for sore fashion hungry eyes!


Junya Watanabe


Junya Watanabe


Junya Watanabe
All images via Gentleman's Quarterly

So if you’re looking for wearable fashion this season, you might Watanabe peeking at those designers that are NOT rolling off the tip of our tongues but if you want to go main stream………. Well you know, check out those same ole, where the heck am I going to wear that and not get my ass kicked designers. No offense Vuitton!!!

Best regards,
Reynolds



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails