Friday, January 1, 2010

My You-ies for 2009!

It had to be you, wonderful you!
For nobody else, gave me a thrill.
With all your faults, I love you still.
It had to be you, wonderful you, it had to be you!

A few of my favorite HAD TO BE YOU-IE’S this past year……


  1. Benjamin Bixby Men’s Fashion
 
Google Images

Grammy winning singer turned fashion genius, Andre 3000 of OutKast was nominated this year for GQ's Best New Menswear Designers in America and it’s no surprise to me. Talk about a creative soul! Ralph Lauren better watch his little cotton twilled chino behind!


2. Garden and Gun Magazine


One of my absolute favorite magazines, Garden and Gun creates page after page after page of Southern Lifestyle at its very best. With stunning photography and SHORT, to the point editorials, who could ask for more! Not me!


3. Peach Mojito Cocktail


I started out the summer with an herb garden FULL of never ending mint. So what better to do with mint and a hot summer day than make the Cuban inspired mojito. If you’ve never had one, I strongly suggest you Cha-cha-cha to your favorite cocktail lounge and experience what summertime should always be about……..a tall peach mojito cocktail! Salute!


4. Hollister Hovey Blog


Maybe I could just sing “I’ve Got A Crush On You” and you’ll understand where I’m coming from anytime I talk about the Hollister Hovey blog. I’ll leave it at that!


5. Garden Antiques

Pair of Iron Tazze c 1830 France 1st Dibs

A popular trend amongst the green thumbers and a favorite hobby of mine is searching for garden antiques. Everyone wants these oldies but goodies which could explain the prices you have to pay for the real deal. However, finding them is like finding a limited edition bottle of Dom Perignon in the beer section at your local Wal-Mart! Luckily there are a few places via the wonderful world of internet shopping that you can search for just the right piece without leaving your garden. Barbara Israel, Marsh Garden Decor, Detroit Garden Works and 1st Dibs are among my favorite go-to-dot-com places. If you're up for a road trip, go to Antique Week in Round Top Texas and tip toe thru the Texas Blue Bonnet to find incredible antique garden pieces. Believe me, it's WORTH it!


6. Restoration Hardware


One of my favorite stores almost left me in their trendy little dust! With their expansion of high end interiors including works by Mark Sage of Bobo Intriguing Objects, you had me at HELLO!


7. Airstream Cigar Lounge

Airstream

Smoking is a dirty little habit that I’m actually not very fond of. However, when I came across the Airstream Mobile Cigar Lounge, I was huffin’ and a’puffin with the best of them. Inside the unit includes five flat screen televisions, a wine cooler, expresso and wet bars, ostrich leather-covered seats, cherry wood cabinets, cedar walls and ceilings and a beautiful hand-hammered copper sink. It almost makes smoking attractive, NOT!



8. Gabriel Aubry


Google Images

We should all make note of French Canadian Gabriel Aubry. A favorite of Versace, Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren, this supermodel scored one of Hollywood’s most beautiful actresses, Halle Berry for those of you not in the know. Gabriel is considered in the industry a perfect gentleman. His style of dress is classically simple usually wearing a blazer with t-shirt, jeans and tennis shoes. And if that wasn’t enough to rub in our faces, the guy has perfect hair! Damn him!



9. Urban Style

Refueled Magazine

I would definitely say that 2009 was overcrowded with Urban-ishy things. We had urban architecture, UrbanOutfitters.com, urban furniture, Keith Urban, urban slang…………..everywhere you turned, here an urban there an urban. Besides vintage urban furniture, one of my favorite urban finds was Chris Brown and Urban Refueled. Chris produces a creative urban publication and urban blog. If you looked up urban in Wikipedia, it wouldn’t surprise me to find a photograph of him there.


10. Ralph Lauren Home


I bet most people would say ENOUGH ALREADY…….but for me, everything this little man touches screams I’VE GOT GOOD TASTE! Lucky for us guys we have someone to help us decorate our homes. How does that song go……. I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan and Ralph Lauren still makes me feel like a man! Thanks Ralph!

Congratulations to all those You-ie Award winners and in closing I’d just like to say………..We liked you.  We really, really liked you!


Best regards,
Reynolds




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails