I’ve become addicted to tailgating and the incredible eats that are created. With the ultimate football game just days away, I thought I better give you guys something to savor with a nice cold beer and a Super Bowl game……
• 1 medium onion
• 1/2 cup pickled mild banana peppers
• 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
• 1 large tomato, halved and seeded
• 1/4 pound deli-sliced genoa salami
• 1/4 pound deli-sliced ham
• 1/4 pound deli-sliced prosciutto
• 1/4 pound deli-sliced roast turkey
• 1/4 pound deli-sliced provolone cheese
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
• 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1 10-to-12-inch round loaf Italian bread or Sourdough
• 8 hoagie rolls, cut into pieces, for dipping
Chop the onion, lettuce and tomato into bite-size pieces. Dice the meats and cheese.
Combine the chopped vegetables, meats, and cheese in a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise, olive oil, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes stirring until everything is mixed thoroughly and tasty. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Carve out the center of the bread loaf to make a bowl (don't cut through the bottom) and cut the scraps into bite-size pieces. Serve the hoagie dip in the bread bowl, with the extra bread and hoagie rolls to scoop it up.