Sunday, October 3, 2010

I Wanna Be Lars Bolander!

No. 1
What little I know about Scandinavian interiors is simplistic, clean lines and washed white.  It’s has been a much respected point of view in the world of interiors since its introduction in the 1950’s but not much aligned with the Reynolds Still man.  Then, I was introduced to Lars Bolander and now, I have an entirely new respect for the Scandinavian influence.
 
No. 2

No. 3

No. 4

No. 5
A distinguished and well respected designer, born in Sweden, Mr. Bolander is known for bringing the world to Scandinavian design.  Even though his style is based on Swedish basics, he is able to add his own rock star point of view making for some very approachable MAN-teriors.  My hats off Mr. Bolander!

No. 6

No. 7

No. 8

No. 9
A man of sophisticated taste and great glasses, I wanna be Lars Bolander!

Best regards,
Reynolds

5 comments:

  1. I'm a new fan myself. Have you read the book - it's on my list to get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the graphic artwork in No.8.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more. Lars has got the magic touch!
    I would kill for that grisaille lady in a trompe l'oeil niche,
    to say nothing of the grouped heads. In fact what is most
    appealing is the unexpected stuff that he uses on walls.
    Lovely post~many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't had a chance to read the book but have been following his genius for some time NH. I liked the artichoke graphic as well James, makes a bold statement which is needed I think with Scandinavian design. Toby, I like your style and thanks to you all for checking our Reynolds Still....as always!

    Best regards,
    Reynolds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. I have loved Lars Bolander for a while now, but some of these photos are new to me. Thanks much for posting them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails